We are looking for an industrial designer with a focus on transportation design. The responsibilities will include habitation design with focus on detail and high quality finish, design of spacecraft interior and finally occasional more traditional industrial design tasks for the sub-systems of our habitats (examples of previous sub-systems have been our Circadian Light Panels, and Algae Reactor). We expect exceptional skills in form finding and vision. You should be curious, and driven in helping us pioneer the lifestyle of space travel.
We expect exceptional skills in form finding and vision. We are looking for an individual who is curious, and driven in helping us pioneer the lifestyle of space travel.
Our studio is a combined workshop and office space. The distance from digital work to physical prototype is very short, and we appreciate individuals with a fundamental understanding of how things are put together. We value both conceptual studies and physical construction.
Our studio is located in Copenhagen, Denmark. Remote work is an option. Relocating to Denmark is also an option, but given the current COVID-19 regulations relocating might not be possible until later in 2021.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in form finding and design.
- Mastery of your digital tools including CAD modelling.
- Effective workflow.
- Product visualization.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of materials and material properties.
- Familiarity with tools and fabrication in a workshop environment.
- Aesthetic sense.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Incredible projects on Earth and off Earth.
Apply by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV / Resume
- Motivational Letter